BLUE LAB Family Day Care CARRAMAR
Hi! My name is Shaida Habiby. I am very passionate about working with children and their families. It gives me an opportunity to spread some of the positive lessons and gifts that I have received throughout the life.
I would like to create an atmosphere of warmth and support in which children can reach their maximum potential in term of social, emotional, cognitive, behavioral and spiritual function.
Certificate III – Early Childhood Education and Care
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Legal & Practical Response to Child Abuse
Safe Infant Sleeping
I’m alert Food Safety
BLUE LAB Induction Training
- Obligations and expectations of Family Day Care educators
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations and Laws
- National Quality Framework/National Quality Standards/National Learning Framework
- BLUE LAB Policies and procedures
- Children’s curriculum and planning cycle
Know how well do we do
A top-notch service for you!
In late 2017, BLUE LAB went through the NQS rating process by the Education and Care Regulatory Unit.
The rating measures the quality of any Early Childhood Service in Australia. It examines seven areas and scores them within a four-scale system: Needs improvement, Working Towards, Meeting, and Exceeding what is expected.
BLUE LAB has scored 5 Meeting and 2 Exceeding. These last ones were in Relationship with Children and Collaborative with Families, where it really matters.
But how good is our score? Is just good… or really good?
The first 5 years in the child’s life are the most important years to form the foundations of all later learning and development. The greatest brain development and growth occurs and it is a time when early experiences influence attitudes and dispositions and learning. The child’s brain is a powerful learning engine that needs to be constantly stimulated through play with age appropriate activities that encourage talents and build cognitive skills at their own pace.
- We strongly believe all children are strong, capable and resilient; full of wonder and knowledge. We provide opportunities for children to share their ideas, opinions and make connections in their learning journey. The individuality of each child is respected and nurtured.
- The environment as a third teacher. Paying thoughtful attention to creating an environment that enables children to develop relationships with the world around them, themselves and each other is an important aspect our program. A well planned safe, an inviting environment with natural and open ended resources which should be inviting and cultivate children’s curiosity, wonder and imagination. Materials are easily accessible and uncluttered and inviting. Every resource is carefully considered for its purpose and sustainability is considered.
- The educator follows a pedagogy of observing and listening to children and practicing the art of conversations that lead into experiences based on children’s interests.
- We recognise the importance of working in partnership with families, educators and children to achieve common goals for their child.
- Project based learning provides children with an opportunity to investigate and explore an area of interest. This includes inquiry based projects, which can last for as long as the children are showing interest in the topic (usually 1 or 2 months). It is our belief that projects give children an opportunity engage in inquiry based play, to investigate and discover an area of personal interest and provide children with the power to construct their own learning.
- Respect is one of our important values. Respect for ourselves, for all people and all the living things.
We are SunSmart!
WE FOLLOW A SUNSMART POLICY TO REDUCE UV DAMAGE FOR BOTH CHILDREN AND STAFF
Meet the House
Healthy meal supporters!
WE ARE WHAT WE EAT
Vacancies New Opening!!
- The described availability only refers to regular vacancies for kids between 0-5 years.
- Please consult the Educator for before/after school, weekend, holidays or overnight care.
Tons of Resources!
ORGANISED BY CORNERS TO BOOST FREE PLAY AND CREATIVITY
Other Features & Policies
We open on holidays!
Shaida runs a FDC for children up to date with vaccinations
Follow your child’s activity and daily routines
Free Trial Session!
NOT SURE HOW THINGS WILL FIT IN?
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
Shaida is an incredible educator and puts her heart and soul into the work. Her passion to work with children is clearly seen. I cannot wait to see where the future brings my child whilst in Shaida's care. I am certain it is a positive one.
Are you interested?
Please feel free to send us a message to book an appointment, ask for availabilities, share an idea or raise a question. We’ll reply as soon as possible.
Or simply call us at 0415 467 008
We are at Wallangarra Rd., Carramar, WA 6031.