BLUE LAB Family Day Care SCARBOROUGH
Meet Xenia and Jordi
Xenia is a Diploma Qualified Educator and a Social Worker, that has been working in childcare in Australia from 2013 and in Spain from 2009. She started her own Family Day care in 2017, with the vision to provide a safe and positive environment. Jordi has always been supportive and involved with the children and the families and with time he became an educator.
We believe that Early Childhood is a crucial stage in a person’s life when you develop your personality and understanding of the world. I am passionate in helping kids to grow happy and guide them in their learning journey.
The spaces at Blue Lab Scarborough are specifically designed to interest and motivate the child to explore and discover new experiences through play. I believe that children are strong individuals with their own interests, so all the learning process will be based on the child’s preferences and abilities; being an active agent of their learning.
Communities and families are also a great influence on the children’s live. I like to work alongside families to create a meaningful learning process where the children can reach their full potential.
Somos bilingües | We are bilingual
En este Day Care hablamos en español, lo cual es genial para niños hispanoparlantes que deseen reforzar y aprender la lengua de al menos uno de sus padres.
We speak Spanish in this center. This is great for english-speaking kids if you want them to start learning a second language at the best possible age.
Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (West Australian Institute of further studies)
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Level 1 – 2017 Legal & Practical Response to Child Abuse – Family Day Care (WA)
Safe Infant Sleeping
I’m alert Food Safety
BLUE LAB Induction Training
- Obligations and expectations of Family Day Care educators
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations and Laws
- National Quality Framework/National Quality Standards/National Learning Framework
- BLUE LAB Policies and procedures
- Children’s curriculum and planning cycle
Bachelor degree of Social Work (University of Barcelona, Spain)
Know how well do we do
A top-notch service for you!
BLUE LAB has gone through the NQS rating process by the Education and Care Regulatory Unit.
The rating measures the quality of any Early Childhood Service in Australia. It examines seven areas and scores them within a four-scale system: Needs improvement, Working Towards, Meeting, and Exceeding what is expected.
BLUE LAB has scored 5 Meeting and 2 Exceeding. These last ones were in Relationship with Children and Collaborative with Families, where it really matters.
But how good our score is? Is just good… or really good?
I believe that early childhood is a relevant moment in everyone’s life, as the brain is developing. I offer a fun and caring environment where children can learn and grow, a welcoming environment where the children can reach their full potential through play and positive, warm relationships.
- I believe in an education system that respects every’s children uniqueness and development. Our daily activities will provide opportunities where children can learn through play at their own pace.
- Families are the greatest influence in the kids life. I aim to work in partnerships with them to support the child’s learning process and make it as enjoyable as possible.
- Promote equality, by including cultural diversity activities on the curriculum; from the aboriginal and other cultures.
- Recognize the children as the first agent of learning, by observing, listening and following his areas of interest; always fostering their creativity and knowledge.
- Promote inclusion and acceptance to all members of our community; including learning experiences for kids with disability.
- Be a sustainable day care service, minimizing the use of plastic and promoting the use of recycled and reusable materials.
Understand how children are connected to nature and the benefits of being outdoors. I will work with natural resources on a regular basis, showing respect for nature and all living things.
We are SunSmart!
WE FOLLOW A SUNSMART POLICY TO REDUCE UV DAMAGE FOR BOTH CHILDREN AND STAFF
Meet the House
Healthy meal supporters!
WE ARE WHAT WE EAT
- The described availability only refers to regular vacancies for kids between 0-5 years.
- Please consult the Educator for before/after school, weekend, holidays or overnight care.
$135Per Day More info
$20.20Per Hour (Standard Hours) More info
$135Per Day More info
Standard Hours: 7.30 am Till 5.00 pm | Non-Standard Hours: 5.00 pm Till 7.30 am
On enrolment the payment of one week’s full fee is required as bond. This amount will be returned at the end of the service except for a non-refundable enrolment administrative fee of $40.
Tons of Resources!
ORGANISED BY CORNERS TO BOOST FREE PLAY AND CREATIVITY
Other Features & Policies
Being trained in early childhood myself, and having experienced many childcare centres - I was incredibly reluctant to hand over the care of our son (2), to anyone. From the minute we met Xenia, my (many) concerns were elevated. Xenia shows a true warmth and genuine interest for working with children. Her vast knowledge and understanding of children and early years development put our minds at ease. I believe Xenia has an incredibly well refined balance between providing structure, warmth, guidance, behaviour management and a sense of belonging. Our son was drawn to her calm nature and also, the predictable routine. We love the values she installs in the children through her holistic program planning. The biggest relief for us was Xenia’s honesty. If our son was having a difficult time, or wasn’t settled (particularly at the beginning), she would openly and honestly let us know. This was incredibly reassuring and allowed us to problem solve as a team.
Our son had countless, wonderful experiences with Xenia and spoke fondly of his ‘play with friends’ days. We were devastated to have to leave Xenia when we relocated to the east coast!
We wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Xenia’s Family Daycare and will happily provide a verbal reference to any prospective parents, if required.
Are you interested?
Please feel free to send us a message to book an appointment, ask for availabilities, share an idea or raise a question. We’ll reply as soon as possible.
Or simply call us at 0401 909 282
We are at Sackville Terrace, Scarborough, WA 6019.